tires

12

tires

oioiuo
my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to match the front and
back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as long as both are radials
its ok.

WHat are you folks using?

I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?

thks

joe

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

AJ Turner
They don't have to be of the same manufacturer Joe.  I was running an Avon
on the front with a Bridgestone in the rear for quite a while without any
handling troubles.  I presently am running the Avon Azaro STs on front and
rear though and think they are well worth the small price difference (they
are very secure feeling in the rain).

As far as your fork springs go..... I'd say it depends on your riding style
and intended purposes.

If you are looking for more of a racy set-up, then go with Race Tech
springs.  If you are just doing normal to slightly spirited riding,  but
find the front too soft and want to cut down on alittle bit of the front end
dive under braking, then you may just want to stay with the stock springs,
but lengthen the spacer to make them alittle bit firmer.

AJ Turner
'96 Merlot BBBB
'77 Silver Jubilee 750 Bonneville
'69 650 Tiger TR-6R

> my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to match
the front and
> back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as long as
both are radials
> its ok.
>
> WHat are you folks using?
>
> I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

Bonny

[hidden email] writes:

Triumph dealer says that as long as both are radials
its ok.

I think the Triumph dealer may be confused with the 4 wheel Triumphs? They
must have either radial or crossply on the same axle
JB

 Llawen Nadolig Y Hapus Calan Y Ffwddyn Newydd.

John Bonnewell. Secretary Blue Knights Wales 1. HiC!

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Avon tires for Trophy

John Doak
Hi Joe,

In 2004 I replaced the OE Bridgestone tires on my 2001 Trophy 1200 with Avon
Azaro ST tires: an AV45 front and AV46 rear, and so far I am very pleased
with them and the handling of the bike with these tires. I am a pretty
gentle rider (old bones heal slowly) but the bike with the Avons is
considerably more confidence-inspiring in the twisties than it was with the
OEM Bridgestones. These tires have a very thick tread depth, so they should
also have both excellent wet-weather traction and long wear.

One qualification is the tires (I bought them via mail-order from Dennis
Kirk) do not have any balancing marker on them to line up with the valve
stem as do other m/c tires I have purchased in the past. Before I had them
mounted I was at the International Motorcycle Show in Washington, DC, and
stopped by the Avon booth to ask why there was no balancing mark on the
tires. The Avon booth rep told me that Avon tires are "so well balanced when
manufactured that they can be mounted without regard to position of the
valve stem."

WRONG!! When I later had them mounted by a local cycle shop on their Snap-on
m/c tire spin (dynamic) balancer, the initial indication was that the front
tire needed eight weights to balance. I had just removed the
industrial-looking black powder coating on the rims and polished them, so
the prospect of eight weights did not make me happy. I was lucky in that the
young guy doing the mounting and balancing in this shop was very
conscientious, and three times while I watched he removed the wheel and tire
from the balancer, let the air out of the tire, broke the bead, rotated the
tire on the rim a bit, re-inflated it, and then spun it again to balance it.
The third time he did this the balance came out almost perfect, with only
one small weight required.

When he did the same to the rear wheel, no matter where he repositioned the
tire on the rim, it took eight wheel weights to balance.

I wonder if the thicker tread depth and the presumably resulting heavier
weight of these tires contributes to the amount of weight required to
balance them. I have since heard from several other people that it "takes a
lot of weight" to balance Avon ST45/ST46 tires.

As a final comment, if you run your hand over new tires, more often then not
you'll find traces of a waxy substance that I'm told is the residual
releasing agent from the tire mold. I've heard of guys dropping their bike
when first riding on brand new tires without giving them a chance to scuff
up and get rid of any residual releasing agents from the tire mold. Before
riding on new tires I always 'rough them up' with a red Scotchbrite pad to
both remove any residual releasing agent and take the 'glaze' off the tire
surface, and then take it very easy for the first 20 miles or so.

My two cents worth, and I hope this helps.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD

2004 Honda ST1300ABS
2001 Trophy 1200
1981 Honda CBX: "Joy of Six"
1978 BMW R100S
1976 Goldwing LTD
1952 Triumph Thunderbird 650T

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

deweyb
I've run different brands front and back, but always the same performance type (sport touring) both front and back. But if at all possible (in my humble opinion anyway)  it is still better to have the same brand and model front and back. When I was running two brands it was always because the rear burns up first and I wanted to switch brands so I would switch the rear first and then go with the same on the front when it goes south. Now that I've found my tire (Conti Road Attacks) I keep the same on both.

<<Brian>>
Destiny Riders RAT Leader
Syracuse NY
96 900 BRG Sprint (Trophy Lite)

>my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to match the front and
>back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as long as both are radials
>its ok.
>
>WHat are you folks using?
>
>I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?
>
>thks
>
>joe
>

>Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!
>
>Post message: [hidden email]
>Subscribe:  [hidden email]
>Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
>List owner:  [hidden email]

>FAQs:
>href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font
>color="#FF0000" size="3"><strong>FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions),
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

tires WOW! And Forks

Phil Smith
Tires!
They don't HAVE to match, but why wouldn't you use matching tires.
And why would a dealer want you to mismatch the tires?  The dealer
needs to get a "grip" :) !

You're not on your dads' scooter anymore!  This is a 100 HP of fire
breathing potential monster.

Manufacturers make complimentary patterns of tread to work together.
Read the data on the Dunlop site and you'll reconsider.  They
describe lots of tire theory.

There is nothing illegal or immoral, I'd just stick with the
matching tread, maunfacturer and rubber type.

The best theory is that there are long lasting rubbers/treads that
have ok grip and lasts forever...and there are super sticking grip
tires that last fewer miles.  Most manufacturers use the pattern to
match the treads of the two tires.

not as good, would be a good grip on one wheel and a great grip on
the other...so as part of the bike would be higher "performance".

Since you only have two wheels on the ground it's more important to
keep very similar tires on both.

THE BOTTOM LINE...
If you want to ride a Trophy that has the potential to ride at 100
plus MPH (mine does), why trust the remaining 50 bucks worth of tire
if you have to change brand/style of tire.
You'll get a few miles out of the remaining tire and then change it
to what?
What is the benefit VS liability?
Spend the extra $150 bucks and change them both and skip taking the
old lady out to dinner for a month.  You'll be there next month to
enjoy her more...

BE SAFE!

As for FORKS
-- Race tech just did mine last week and they are real nice and are
a big improvement over the OEMs.  Very little dive and they seem to
be more compliant in the twisties...
The cartridge kit for another 150 bucks is worthwhile while you have
the forks off.
They (racetech) don't have the 1.0 or heavier springs in stock.  I'm
230 lbs and the calculator says 1.0 plus, but 0.95 is
heaviest/strongest available today.  They are much better than
the .59 OEM springs that are on your ride today.

Shipped to Corona CA...New seals, dust caps, oil, emulators, and
springs, rebuilt and returned to me insured in less than a week.
$500.
The rebuild...THEY DID IT... LABOR was only $135.  Call and talk to
Bill Rohde and he can sell you the parts if you want to do it your
self.  Save $135.  For my three plus hours to di it myself it's
worth the money vs time.  Depending on how busy they are, you could
get them back quicker.

Tell Bill you have the trophy and I gave you the number.
951-279-6655 ext 115 for service or 0 for operator.
or get hold of bill with
[hidden email]

Phil Smith

--- In [hidden email], "Joe Mullins"
<creative502000@y...> wrote:

> my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have
to match the front and
> back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as
long as both are radials

> its ok.
>
> WHat are you folks using?
>
> I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?
>
> thks
>
> joe

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

Phil Smith
Make the smart move and put a metzler back on the front.

> my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to
match the front and
> back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as
long as both are radials

> its ok.
>
> WHat are you folks using?
>
> I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?
>
> thks
>
> joe

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires WOW! And Forks

Bonny

In a message dated 02/01/2006 18:53:53 GMT Standard Time, [hidden email]
writes:

As for FORKS
-- Race tech just did mine last week and they are real nice and are
a big improvement over the OEMs.  Very little dive and they seem to
be more compliant in the twisties...
The cartridge kit for another 150 bucks is worthwhile while you have
the forks off.
They (racetech) don't have the 1.0 or heavier springs in stock.  I'm
230 lbs and the calculator says 1.0 plus, but 0.95 is
heaviest/strongest available today.  They are much better than
the .59 OEM springs that are on your ride today.

Sounds great. Had a look at their website. have you replaced the whole fork
assembly? If not which parts did you get and do you have the part numbers or
website page please?
JB

 Llawen Nadolig Y Hapus Calan Y Ffwddyn Newydd.

John Bonnewell. Secretary Blue Knights Wales 1. HiC!

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

Steve Wassenich
Joe Mullins wrote:

> my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to
> match the front and
> back?  I have a Metzler on the back.  Triumph dealer says that as long
> as both are radials
> its ok.

Your Triumph dealer is right; just make sure the front you pick is as
least as sticky as your current rear tire.  Which Metzeler are you
running on the back?

I've done this more than once.  On my FJ1200, which took bias-plys, my
favorite front/rear combination was a Metzeler ME-33/Dunlop K591.
Metzeler's rear tire was no match for the 591, and the 591 front tire
sucked.  The two worked together just fine.  Just before I sold my next
bike, a radial-shod '96 VFR 750, it had a Bridgestone BT-010 front and
a Michelin Macadam 100 rear; worked great.

I'm sure Dunlop's web site has a whole string of reasons why you
shouldn't mix brands.  The reason they _don't_ tell you is the real
one; they want to sell you two tires, not just one.

> I also want to put in a new set of front springs.  Any suggestions?

I have Racetech 0.95 springs in my 900, which I ride moderately hard.
Racetech's recommendation of 1.0 or stiffer will work if you plan to
also use their fork damper kit.  If you don't do that, the 1.0s will be
really stiff.

Steve W.

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

Phil Smith wrote:

> There is nothing illegal or immoral, I'd just stick with the
> matching tread, maunfacturer and rubber type.

Tires with matching, rubber type, etc. used to wear at a 2:1 ratio, two
rears to one front.  They don't do that anymore.  Now it's more like
3:2.  The cynic in me says the tire companies want to suck you into a
longer-term relationship.  I don't know about you, but it torques me
off to throw away a perfectly good tire just to replace both of them.
My preference would be 2:1 or get tires that wear out at the same time,
which leads us to...

> not as good, would be a good grip on one wheel and a great grip on
> the other...so as part of the bike would be higher "performance".
>
> Since you only have two wheels on the ground it's more important to
> keep very similar tires on both.

Pfft.  When I had my VFR, the hot tip was to use a Bridgestone BT-020
(sport-touring compound) on the rear and a BT-010 (stickier sport
compound) on the front.  I never got to try that combo on the VFR, but
I did do it on the Trophy.  It worked quite well, and the tires wore
out at the same time, about 7k miles.  I was pleased, but wanted to
experiment, so I didn't go further with Bridgestones.

After a bout with Continental ContiForces (3:2 ratio, BTW), I now have
Metzeler Z6s front and rear.  The rear is looking a bit ragged, and I
doubt I'll get more than 6k out of it.  The front looks pretty fresh,
but I'll bet it will wear out at 9k, leaving me with another 3:2 set of
tires.  I must say that I'm impressed with the Z6s, particularly in the
rain.  I'm tempted, though, to put an ME-880 on the back, because I
grow tired of replacing rear tires every 3-4 months.

Steve W.

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires & thanks

oioiuo
thanks for all the help. I'll did want to try the Avon's and wanted to avoid putting on
another Metzler front....cause then the rear will wear first and I'll have to replace the
rear..then the front.  SO Im gonna put on tje Avon ST on the front then the rear when
needed and see how I like them.  I am happy with the Metzler's but wanted to try
something else.

AJ... sounds like the fix..I really want to only clean up the front end dive so to lengthen the
spaces sounds like the solution

Thanks again JOe  97 BRG 900

--- In [hidden email], "AJ Turner" <aj-turner@v...> wrote:

> They don't have to be of the same manufacturer Joe.  I was running an Avon
> on the front with a Bridgestone in the rear for quite a while without any
> handling troubles.  I presently am running the Avon Azaro STs on front and
> rear though and think they are well worth the small price difference (they
> are very secure feeling in the rain).
>
> As far as your fork springs go..... I'd say it depends on your riding style
> and intended purposes.
>
> If you are looking for more of a racy set-up, then go with Race Tech
> springs.  If you are just doing normal to slightly spirited riding,  but
> find the front too soft and want to cut down on alittle bit of the front end
> dive under braking, then you may just want to stay with the stock springs,
> but lengthen the spacer to make them alittle bit firmer.
>
> AJ Turner
> '96 Merlot BBBB
> '77 Silver Jubilee 750 Bonneville
> '69 650 Tiger TR-6R

List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires

Ken Hastie
On 2 Jan 2006 at 12:42, [hidden email] wrote:

> I think the Triumph dealer may be confused with the 4 wheel Triumphs?
> They must have either radial or crossply on the same axle JB

Quite possibly.  However, crossplys ARE available for bikes.  Not that I would use
them on a Trophy !

Ken the Geordie                           e-mail:[hidden email]
BSA A75R, A10GF, B40, WDB40, D7, D10, D14, Trophy 1200

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: tires

Ken Hastie

> > my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to
> >
> match the front and
> > back?

This is not a recommendation, but I have mixed brands before with no perceptible
drop in handling/performance.  I got a shard of metal through a new Conti force rear
which destroyed it when I was up in Largs.  The only tyre I could get was a Dunlop
and it worked fine with the Contiforce front.

The only problem I have experienced is with my original 'matched' bridgestones.
They were awful.

Ken the Geordie                           e-mail:[hidden email]
BSA A75R, A10GF, B40, WDB40, D7, D10, D14, Trophy 1200

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires WOW! And Forks

taylorrguk
--- In [hidden email], BWG3COY@a... wrote:

> As for FORKS
> -- Race tech just did mine last week and they are real nice and are
> a big improvement over the OEMs.  Very little dive and they seem to
> be more compliant in the twisties...
> The cartridge kit for another 150 bucks is worthwhile while you have
> the forks off.

> Sounds great. Had a look at their website. have you replaced the
whole fork
> assembly? If not which parts did you get and do you have the part
numbers or
> website page please?

Or if you're realy lucky like me - - -
Just bought a pair of cartridge forks from a 1200 Daytona, done only
1200 miles, for GBP100!

:-))

Richard T

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: tires

MICHAEL CHEYNE
I am running with an Avon Azaro on the rear and a Metzler on the front and have had no problems with it at all - but I am so impressed with the Avon that I'll fit one to the front when it needs changing!
  Mike.

Ken Hastie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to
> >
> match the front and
> > back?

This is not a recommendation, but I have mixed brands before with no perceptible
drop in handling/performance.  I got a shard of metal through a new Conti force rear
which destroyed it when I was up in Largs.  The only tyre I could get was a Dunlop
and it worked fine with the Contiforce front.

The only problem I have experienced is with my original 'matched' bridgestones.
They were awful.

Ken the Geordie                           e-mail:[hidden email]
BSA A75R, A10GF, B40, WDB40, D7, D10, D14, Trophy 1200

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires & thanks

AJ Turner

RE: Re: tires

apsllp@bellsouth.net
No question about tires here. This subject was beat to death on the forum
about 2 years ago.  I'm still running Avon Azaro's on the front and rear.  I
'm going to keep running them on my Trophy.  I'm hooked on em. That said, it
's about time to order another rear.  They are fantastic in the rain also.
I wish I could find them in the right size for the PC-800 too.  I'll
probably put Metzlers on the PC.

Bob Clark
01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
96 Magna Red Honda PC-800
71 Suzuki T-500
Augusta, GA

I am running with an Avon Azaro on the rear and a Metzler on the front and
have had no problems with it at all - but I am so impressed with the Avon
that I'll fit one to the front when it needs changing!
  Mike.

Ken Hastie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > my front tire is bald but the back has plenty of life.  DO I have to
> >
> match the front and
> > back?

This is not a recommendation, but I have mixed brands before with no
perceptible
drop in handling/performance.  I got a shard of metal through a new Conti
force rear
which destroyed it when I was up in Largs.  The only tyre I could get was a
Dunlop
and it worked fine with the Contiforce front.

The only problem I have experienced is with my original 'matched'
bridgestones.
They were awful.

Ken the Geordie                           e-mail:[hidden email]
BSA A75R, A10GF, B40, WDB40, D7, D10, D14, Trophy 1200

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:
href="
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2i
PfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:
href="
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2i
PfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

Triumph motorcycles
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Triumph+motorcycles&w1=Triumph+motorcyc
les&w2=Trophy&w3=Sports+tour&w4=Triumph&w5=Sprint&c=5&s=79&.sig=Y2fSZek3g5Um
Li6smAIKuA>
Trophy
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Trophy&w1=Triumph+motorcycles&w2=Trophy
&w3=Sports+tour&w4=Triumph&w5=Sprint&c=5&s=79&.sig=BB5QV9ugSOqjm75kdZk2Og>
Sports tour
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sports+tour&w1=Triumph+motorcycles&w2=T
rophy&w3=Sports+tour&w4=Triumph&w5=Sprint&c=5&s=79&.sig=ot57AkZ7LKFtt211pss_

Triumph
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Triumph&w1=Triumph+motorcycles&w2=Troph
y&w3=Sports+tour&w4=Triumph&w5=Sprint&c=5&s=79&.sig=XHfg1_0yNFMrlmtnFrwLyA>
Sprint
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sprint&w1=Triumph+motorcycles&w2=Trophy
&w3=Sports+tour&w4=Triumph&w5=Sprint&c=5&s=79&.sig=ct84LFYI7TH-yokn7KKing>

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*          Visit your group " TriumphTrophy
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TriumphTrophy> " on the web.

*          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
  [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Unsubscribe>

*          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: tires & thanks

deweyb
You may also want to go with heavier weight fork oil. I used 15wt and that helped with the dive problem.

<<Brian>>
96 900 BRG Sprint

>> AJ... sounds like the fix..I really want to only clean up the front end
>dive so to lengthen the
>> spaces sounds like the solution
>>

>Glad to help Joe.
>
>I know the purists will say that lengthening the spacers is the cheap and
>less performance oriented way to go.  They'd be correct in saying so too.
>
>But as I said...It just depends on how you plan on riding.
>
>It also has the added bonus of being something you can try and if it's not
>enough for your riding style, you can always go ahead with the RaceTech
>set-up.
>
>In order to do this, you'll need to either locate a longer piece of metal
>tubing the same diameter as the stock spacer (not that easy to find) OR use
>a piece of PVC plumbing pipe of the same outer diameter (32 mm or 1.25 inch)
>.  Just be sure it's clean of all filings and little bits before using them.
>Just a length less than one inch longer than stock is enough to do the job.
>If you go over an inch, you'll probably never the top fork sealing bolt back
>on!
>
>There's information about all this in the "FILES" section under "ALL FAQ" of
>the Yahoo Group website.  I highly suggest reading it before beginning.

>Have fun!
>
>AJ Turner
>'96 Merlot BBBB
>'77 Silver Jubilee 750 Bonneville
>'69 650 Tiger TR-6R
>

>Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!
>
>Post message: [hidden email]
>Subscribe:  [hidden email]
>Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
>List owner:  [hidden email]

>FAQs:
>href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font
>color="#FF0000" size="3"><strong>FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions),
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: tires & thanks

oioiuo
well I put together some prices.  If I match the Metzler, dealer/mechanic price is $166.00
installed.  I saw prices for just the tire for $102. for Metzler Z6  &  $106 for the  Avon
Azaro ST.  So dealer gets $60.00 plus to install.  Not bad, to bad I dont have much
courage...I have changed the plugs, re-routed the trottle & choke cables, I plan on
changing the oil this winter...but removing the tire!!!!  umm maybe next year.  I know
some of you can do it in your sleep,  but not me.

As far as the springs go mechanic/dealer says he'll only replace the springs and suggests
putting in Race Tec at $102.  a pair.  I didn't get an install price on the phone but if the
front wheel is off how much more work could it take???

Sorry to be so concerned about $$$$ but Im in one of the... I have an ex wife and she
refuses to put her MBA CPA degrees into practice and return to work so me (the artist) at
$40,000 a year has to support her and the 2 kids.... don't mind the kids but the ex...no
way.  I smell a court battle in the near future.  To bad the court makes it difficult for us
Dads to get Joint Physical Custody I have a great home but she won't let them spend much
time with me...sorry for the rant but I take every opportunity to inform folks of the bias
that exists in our post divorce legal world.

Anyway....back to the real issue.  I think the spacer solution is enough for me but as I said
my mechanical abilities suffer.  SO I'll bug the dealer to knock off a buck or 2 it is winter
after all.  My area needs some compitition.  The Triumph gets $85.00 per hour and the
bills seem very long and time consuming.

Another question....Any motorcycle mechanic could do this work?  Yes?  Any you guys do
work?  Im in Peekskill NY about 1 hour north of NY CIty on the Hudson RIver  10 minutes
from Bear Mountain.

Thanks Again

Joe

PS  any post divorce chat e mail me direct.  [hidden email]
I have  many support sites.

--- In [hidden email], deweyb@o... wrote:

> You may also want to go with heavier weight fork oil. I used 15wt and that helped with
the dive problem.

> <<Brian>>
> 96 900 BRG Sprint

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: tires & thanks

Andrew Bell-2
It's a 1/2 hour job to change the springs.

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 16:01 +0000, Joe Mullins wrote:
> As far as the springs go mechanic/dealer says he'll only replace the
> springs and suggests
> putting in Race Tec at $102.  a pair.  I didn't get an install price
> on the phone but if the
> front wheel is off how much more work could it take???

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]