Trophy plug caps

Triumph Trophy mailing list

Hi Guys,
A little help please.
I recently found the #2 plug had unscrewed from the head after a 200 mile ride home after purchase of my 1994 900 trophy. (In UK)
All seems OK but the plug cap seems to have lost a little ring from its contact...it was found sitting on top of the plug!
Where oh where can I buy just the plug cap?  I can’t believe Triumph had them made.
Seems nobody makes their own plug lead these days!
I can buy a set for £39, but I am sure someone else has solved this before???

Over to you boys!!!

Re: Trophy plug caps

Triumph Trophy mailing list
How about new NGK caps ??

In a message dated 11/26/2016 9:15:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

Hi Guys,
A little help please.
I recently found the #2 plug had unscrewed from the head  after a 200 mile
ride home after purchase of my 1994 900 trophy. (In UK)
All seems OK but the plug cap seems to have lost a little  ring from its
contact...it was found sitting on top of the plug!
Where oh where can I buy just the plug cap?  I can’t  believe Triumph had
them made.
Seems nobody makes their own plug lead these days!
I can buy a set for £39, but I am sure someone else has  solved this
before???
Over to you boys!!!

RE: Trophy plug caps

Triumph Trophy mailing list
I’m hopeful of getting the same ones so that they seal in the top of the head...I’m guessing the NGK ones are just long reach.  I take your point though..it would be better than  spending on a set.
The original ones have a seal around the top to stop anything building up around the bottom of the deep seated plugs..it looks like a series of rings you got on universal petrol caps.

Thanks for the first idea though.

Any more???

RE: Trophy plug caps

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Yes.. Stop being a cheapskate and buy a new set... At least then you know number 1&3 are not going to resemble number 2...

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Laurence Smith [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy]<[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m hopeful of getting the same ones so that they seal in the top of the head...I’m guessing the NGK ones are just long reach.  I take your point though..it would be better than  spending on a set.

The original ones have a seal around the top to stop anything building up around the bottom of the deep seated plugs..it looks like a series of rings you got on universal petrol caps.

Thanks for the first idea though.

Any more???

Re: Trophy plug caps

Triumph Trophy mailing list
If you mean the leads and caps between the coils and spark plugs, I have the original set I replaced last summer when my coils went. They are off a 1999 1200, so check the parts diagrams and see if they'll fit. You're welcome to them, I presume they are still good but couldn't guarantee it. £39 for a new set and peace of mind doesn't seem dear to me though. If they'll fit and you want them, email me your address off line. Cheers.