The Grey Ghost is for sale (looooong email)

The Grey Ghost is for sale (looooong email)

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hey there!

Sooooo... Despite all the work, research, and most importantly support from
this group... I need to channel my inner Elsa and let it go. I promise I
won't sing.

What gives?? Some of you know the sob story.... after an awesome 900mile
ride, I dropped her 200 ft from my garage.... on gravel.  The Good news,
the damage matches the other side. :-\

One fairing is cracked. I haven't drilled a "stop" hole, which would stop
from cracking further. Trunk and panniers are not cracked but paint is
marred.

A few years ago, I started her right up and you guys helped me troubleshoot
a faulty coil.  I bought both coils and started disassembly. Since I was in
that deep, I dove down deeper into the rabbit hole. Then life happened.
Aaaaand kept happening.  Therefore, it's still in a state of disassembly.

Bottom line -- If an experienced someone would put in an earnest 15-20
hours into it, they would have a spectacular machine. I am clearly not that
person.

Any takers? *All reasonable offers will be considered*.
(Nigerian Princes need not apply)

Details:
- 2002 Trophy 1200
- 23k miles
- Painted Graphite by the dealership owner to show off the 2003 color.
Seemed like marketing overkill, but hey, he had the cash.
- Trunk and Panniers
- heated grips
- has the original toolkit for what that's worth
- Corbin seat and the factory seat
- Good tires.
- PLUS brand new, unmounted front/rear tires
- I have a set of adjustable dog bones to lower it. They were designed to
keep the rake angle the same and you can leave the eccentrics alone.
- donor Hayabusa calipers (and pads that came with them)
- new brake pads
- split the airbox
- new K&N filter in aforementioned split air box that hasn't had any air
through it.  *sigh*
- new fuel lines
- two windscreens
- oil pan drain retapped (yea, I stripped it... that was part of the saga)
- have new oil pan gasket for said oil pan
- new after market turn signals
- new coils... installed but haven't had any current through them yet.
*sigh* again
- two spare H4 headlight bulbs

Other bobbles:
- huge Triumph tank bag with a clear map top.
- I think I have some oils (for filter), chain cleaner, etc.
- Embroidered Triumph jacket (kinda looks like a varsity jacket)
- I'll also throw in the 3rd place trophy and a 1:18 model.

Re: The Grey Ghost is for sale (looooong email)

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Angel; I assume most people know where you are located but I don't
happen to be one of those people! I feel your pain! After getting my
2001 1200 in perfect condition I acquired nephropathy and can't feel
anything but pain in my feet so riding is a little sketchy to say the
least. If I were to drop my "Grey Ghost" it would have to lay there for
eternity! Hopefully with me NOT underneath it!

Good Luck!

Ed J.

On 6/19/2017 4:06 PM, Angel Hernandez [hidden email]
[TriumphTrophy] wrote:

> Hey there!
>
> Sooooo... Despite all the work, research, and most importantly support
> from this group... I need to channel my inner Elsa and let it go. I
> promise I won't sing.
>
> What gives?? Some of you know the sob story.... after an awesome
> 900mile ride, I dropped her 200 ft from my garage.... on gravel.  The
> Good news, the damage matches the other side. :-\
>
> One fairing is cracked. I haven't drilled a "stop" hole, which would
> stop from cracking further. Trunk and panniers are not cracked but
> paint is marred.
>
> A few years ago, I started her right up and you guys helped me
> troubleshoot a faulty coil.  I bought both coils and started
> disassembly. Since I was in that deep, I dove down deeper into the
> rabbit hole. Then life happened.  Aaaaand kept happening. Therefore,
> it's still in a state of disassembly.
>
> Bottom line -- If an experienced someone would put in an earnest 15-20
> hours into it, they would have a spectacular machine. I am clearly not
> that person.
>
> Any takers? *_All reasonable offers will be considered_*.
> (Nigerian Princes need not apply)
>
> Details:
> - 2002 Trophy 1200
> - 23k miles
> - Painted Graphite by the dealership owner to show off the 2003 color.
> Seemed like marketing overkill, but hey, he had the cash.
> - Trunk and Panniers
> - heated grips
> - has the original toolkit for what that's worth
> - Corbin seat and the factory seat
> - Good tires.
> - PLUS brand new, unmounted front/rear tires
> - I have a set of adjustable dog bones to lower it. They were designed
> to keep the rake angle the same and you can leave the eccentrics alone.
> - donor Hayabusa calipers (and pads that came with them)
> - new brake pads
> - split the airbox
> - new K&N filter in aforementioned split air box that hasn't had any
> air through it.  *sigh*
> - new fuel lines
> - two windscreens
> - oil pan drain retapped (yea, I stripped it... that was part of the saga)
> - have new oil pan gasket for said oil pan
> - new after market turn signals
> - new coils... installed but haven't had any current through them yet.
> *sigh* again
> - two spare H4 headlight bulbs
>
> Other bobbles:
> - huge Triumph tank bag with a clear map top.
> - I think I have some oils (for filter), chain cleaner, etc.
> - Embroidered Triumph jacket (kinda looks like a varsity jacket)
> - I'll also throw in the 3rd place trophy and a 1:18 model.

Re: The Grey Ghost is for sale (looooong email)

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Thanks Ed!  Yea... so focused on the details, forgot a big one:  Bike is located smack in the middle of Pennsylvania in State College.

Also, I took some pics this weekend for anyone to check out.  I'd rather not sell off parts as I'm hoping the "package" fosters a quick sale.

Re: The Grey Ghost is for sale (looooong email)

Pics are on my Facebook page for your perusal.