Selling my Trophy

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi all,

A period of ill-health has taken me to the pace where I sadly have decided to sell my beloved 1996 Trophy 900 triple - the bug-eye fairing with panniers.  Although I have recovered, I am moving to something lighter, for sake of my joints.

The Trophy has nearly 30,000 miles on the clock.  It is in the Merlot Red colour.  It has been on a SORN for the last year, and has had the ECU refurbished, wiring replaced under the tank after chafing caused problems, and had the starter motor rewound.  The battery has barely been used.  It has been regularly serviced by my longstanding mechanic of 20 years - a veritable mechanical genius, last just before the SORN.  It is about to be MOT'd and made ready for the road again.

I replaced the fork springs and rear shock with Hagon units at 21,000 miles, and replace the front brakes with the Tokico 6-pot calipers.

The bike can come as stock other than that, or it can come with a tall clearview screen, bar risers, an aftermarket saddle (a sargent if I recall, but I will check) or a second adapted original saddle with gel pads, colour matched triumph top box, inner pannier bags.

I'm looking for £1200 for the basic bike or £1550 for everything added.

If it sells as all added, so be it.  Otherwise, I am open to offers for either of the saddles, either of the screens, pannier inner bags, top box, bar risers.

I am 40 miles north of Inverness, in the Highlands of Scotland, but happy to meet serious buyers somewhere suitable for the cost of travel.  I am truly sorry to see her go, but needs must.  Whoever buys her will not be disappointed, and will have miles of happy biking ahead.

For photos, or further information/discussion, please email me at [hidden email].

Kind regards,

Brian

Dr Brian Fitzsimons
Guerir quelquefois, soulager souvent, consoler toujours.

RE: Selling my Trophy

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi again,

Meant to add I have a colour coded baglux tank cover and tank bag too...

Kind regards,

Brian

Guerir quelquefois, soulager souvent, consoler toujours.

RE: Selling my Trophy

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Brian, thanks for the photos.

I’ve been sidetracked by a TRIUMPH SPRINT ST 2003 for £1495, closer to home.
Not definite, but I need to have a look.
I might get back to you.

RE: Selling my Trophy

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Don't worry Laurie.

Have a look at that, and let me know whatever you decide.  I am not going to
put it on fleabay till it is actually MOT'd, therefore it will be available
exclusively to forum sight members for next 10 days or so.

Keep it upright,

Brian