Selling my Trophy project bike

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Alas, I need to part with my Trophy 1200, and leave this fine group.
Due to time constraints and funding issues, I'm selling the bike. Don't have the time, available cash, and the garage space to keep working on it.
Here's the details, if anyone would be interested:
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200
34K miles
All intact, turns over, runs in neutral, but kills engine as soon as a gear is engaged. Replaced side stand switch, neutral switch, even the ignition igniter, which my VIN model has up inside the front fairing. Still won't keep running. Checked the clutch, nothing sticking. Unsure why I'm having this issue.
Now the headlights won't work. Chased that all down, bulbs are good, power running up to the front, but somewhere in all the dash relays, I'm missing something.
Tach is out too.
I'm basically done here. My knowledge, funds, time & patience have run out.
Asking $1200 for it, obo.
I'm in Dacula, GA, USA.
Let me know if you're interested.
Rob Brooks
678-469-0690

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike [3 Attachments]

Triumph Trophy mailing list
My apologies, I meant to include photos-

Rob Brooks

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 6:42 PM, Rob Brooks [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alas, I need to part with my Trophy 1200, and leave this fine group.
> Due to time constraints and funding issues, I'm selling the bike. Don't have the time, available cash, and the garage space to keep working on it.
> Here's the details, if anyone would be interested:
> 2002 Triumph Trophy 1200
> 34K miles
> All intact, turns over, runs in neutral, but kills engine as soon as a gear is engaged. Replaced side stand switch, neutral switch, even the ignition igniter, which my VIN model has up inside the front fairing. Still won't keep running. Checked the clutch, nothing sticking. Unsure why I'm having this issue.
> Now the headlights won't work. Chased that all down, bulbs are good, power running up to the front, but somewhere in all the dash relays, I'm missing something.
> Tach is out too.
> I'm basically done here. My knowledge, funds, time & patience have run out.
> Asking $1200 for it, obo.
> I'm in Dacula, GA, USA.
> Let me know if you're interested.
> Rob Brooks
> 678-469-0690
>
> Sent from my iPhone

image1.JPG (1M) Download Attachment
image2.JPG (1M) Download Attachment
image3.JPG (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike

Did you clean the nuetral switch ?  Easy to do.
Bob Clark

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike

Triumph Trophy mailing list
"Did you clean the nuetral switch ?  Easy to do.

 Bob Clark"

 What Bob means is did you clean the contact tab in the transmission that makes contact with the Neutral Switch to complete the circuit? As he said, easy to do. With the transmission in Neutral, remove the new switch, put a small (1/8" or 3/16") flat screwdriver in the hole and scrape the oil patina off the tab. This will restore conductivity if it has gotten really dirty and coated over the miles/years.

 One other thing, recheck all the relays under the upper fairing for function when triggered with 12 volts AND crosscheck the wire colour and action type (normally open or normally closed) of each relay with the wiring diagram in the factory manual.

 If you bought the bike in this non-running condition then you don't know what mistake was made by the previous owner. This stuff only costs time (I know, motivation is difficult at this point). It's worth double or more your asking price if these checks get it running.

 Good luck,
 Glenn

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Simpler yet on the neutral switch is simply unplug the wire from the
switch. Using a clip wire ground that wire to the nearest ground. If the
bike then runs while in gear your fault is in the switch. It then needs
to be cleaned or replaced. If the bike fails to run with either the wire
unhooked or grounded then your fault is somewhere else. Could make a big
difference in the price you get for the bike or a reason to keep it!
Eliminate some variables such as; "Is it the switch and I didn't clean
it correctly?" ETC.
HTH!

--
Ed J. Indian Harbour Beach, FL 2001 Triumph Trophy 1200 321-795-4387

---

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike [3 Attachments]

Yes, I did.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 12, 2016, at 6:55 AM, APSLLP [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did you clean the nuetral switch ?  Easy to do.
>
> Bob Clark
>

> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

 Yes, Ed. ABSOLUTELY!

 Cheers,
 Glenn

Re: Selling my Trophy project bike [3 Attachments]

No offense, Rob, but you've sent out about 15 megabytes of images twice now. If you reply to this thread again, please remove the images from the reply.

Thanks,Don Varnau'97 900