Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

12

Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hello group

 Anyone know of a good right hand side exhaust  part t2201185 for sale. All the ones I can find here in the UK are rotten through

Re: Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hiya Steve,

Got quite a few ,is that the all chrome or black and chrome and right hand side as you sit on the bike-how much do you want to pay for a NOS or very good used one?

BOAT

Anyone know of a good right hand side exhaust  part t2201185 for sale. All the ones I can find here in the UK are rotten through

Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale?

--CS

Re: Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi CS,
  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for $20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!
 Kindest regards,
   Poppa Jack
On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

> Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale?
>
> --CS

Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hey.. Speaking of hand guards. Is there any way to add heated hand grips? The worst part about riding when it is cold is how cold my hands get!

I'll look into the '95 GSXR-750 levers - looks like there's a bunch on eBay in the $16-20 range.

--CS

>Hi CS,
>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever
>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for
>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break
>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the
>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used
>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if
>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!
> Kindest regards,
>   Poppa Jack
>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale?
>>
>> --CS
>>

>Hi CS,
>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever
>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for
>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break
>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the
>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used
>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if
>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!
> Kindest regards,
>   Poppa Jack
>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

>Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale???--CS??

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi CS
When I fitted new heated grips on my 94 bike a couple of years ago, I went for the Data tool Thermagrips. The controller is built into the left grip and is easily operated by the thumb without removing your hand from the grip (mostly). They are also auto-shutoff and can be wired directly to the battery but they won't drain the battery if you forget to turn them off. Oxford also do heated grips with a similar feature, but with a separate controller.
There are plenty of other makes but I would steer clear of the cheap stuff.
David

      Hey.. Speaking of hand guards. Is there any way to add heated hand grips? The worst part about riding when it is cold is how cold my hands get!

I'll look into the '95 GSXR-750 levers - looks like there's a bunch on eBay in the $16-20 range.

--CS

>Hi CS,

>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever

>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for

>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break

>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the

>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used

>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if

>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!

> Kindest regards,

>   Poppa Jack

>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

>> Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale?

>> --CS

>Hi CS,

>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever

>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for

>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break

>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the

>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used

>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if

>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!

> Kindest regards,

>   Poppa Jack

>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

>Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale???--CS??

Re: Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hiya Steve,

Fife Scotland, I only have a used one(with no rust or rot or marks) an offside one side nearest the centre road line..

Brian

From: "'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]>
Date: 17/02/2016  19:54  (GMT+00:00)
To: [hidden email]

Hey.. Speaking of hand guards. Is there any way to add heated hand grips? The worst part about riding when it is cold is how cold my hands get!

I'll look into the '95 GSXR-750 levers - looks like there's a bunch on eBay in the $16-20 range.

--CS

>Hi CS,
>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever
>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for
>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break
>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the
>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used
>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if
>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!
> Kindest regards,
>   Poppa Jack
>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale?
>>
>> --CS
>>

>Hi CS,
>  Forget going to the Triumph Shop, They wan't $60 for the same lever
>that's on a '95 GSXR-750, and almost all the parts houses sell them for
>$20. I carry a spare of each side with me when I travel far. They break
>too easy! I'm thinking about "Hand-Guards" for my '95 Trophy, but the
>mirrors do a fine job of keeping cold air off my hands. Every brand used
>these back in the '90's. The parts guy may have to open a box or two, if
>you're at a Big-Four marquis, but they are there, just ask nice!
> Kindest regards,
>   Poppa Jack
>On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:03 AM, 'CS Mo' [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

>Anyone have a clutch lever/assembly for sale???--CS??

------------------------------------
Posted by: "CS Mo" <[hidden email]>
------------------------------------

List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

I too have Oxford Heated Grips fitted to both my Trophies...

 I've also been carrying Spare Clutch and Brake Levers, whenever I'm on a trip, which I got from Sprint Manufacturing. They are excellent quality Pattern Parts but about 1/3 of the cost of the genuine Triumph Lever

 Cheers
 Gordon3xBBB
 Stroud, Gloucestershire. U.K.

Re: Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Hi Brian, I'm in Hertfordshire. My email is [hidden email], please email - we can sort price and delivery for your exhaust

Re: Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Hi Brian - I posted my full email address - but it, I think, Yahoo clipped it after the @ symbol. I don't know why -  my phone number is 07979 503048. I can't answer if I'm at work but text messages I can anytime.

Re: Right Exhaust Silencer/Muffler

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Brian, Steve, and anyone else that tries to post their email address
here's a "work around" that I think works. Break up your email address
so that it doesn't look like an email address. Then the receiving party
can put it together when trying to reply. For example my email address
is; Ed L Johnson 2 @ G mail . com  If you copy and paste that into the
To: line of your email and then remove all the spaces and send me a
Thank You in the subject line I'll know it works!
Ed J.

--
Ed J. Indian Harbour Beach, FL 2001 Triumph Trophy 1200 321-795-4387

---

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a
few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -
meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit
reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all
the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of
heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the
Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

Mike Fleming

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Speaking of clutch levers...
My trip home yesterday was punctuated by an RV that caught fire and burned in the road, stopping traffic for a 13 mile stretch.
My clutch lever pull is heavier than on any other bike I've tried.  After an hour in stop-and-go traffic, I eventually needed to pull over to the shoulder to rest my arm muscles.
Is it just my bike, or is the clutch lever pull heavy on a lot of other bikes?
- Dave

    I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a
few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -
meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit
reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all
the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of
heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the
Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

> On 18 February 2016 at 00:34 "Ken Hastie [hidden email]
> [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Heated gloves are far more effective.
> I use bike-tek brand. Very good, as is their heated inner jacket etc.
> They use carbon tape rather than wire elements.
> Ken Hastie
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mike Fleming
  #yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342 -- #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp #yiv1799884342hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp #yiv1799884342ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp .yiv1799884342ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp .yiv1799884342ad p {margin:0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mkp .yiv1799884342ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ygrp-lc #yiv1799884342hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ygrp-lc .yiv1799884342ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342activity span .yiv1799884342underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 dd.yiv1799884342last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 dd.yiv1799884342last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 dd.yiv1799884342last p span.yiv1799884342yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342file-title a, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342file-title a:active, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342file-title a:hover, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342photo-title a, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342photo-title a:active, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342photo-title a:hover, #yiv1799884342 div.yiv1799884342photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 div#yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg #yiv1799884342ygrp-msg p a span.yiv1799884342yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv1799884342 o {font-size:0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv1799884342 .yiv1799884342replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv1799884342 input, #yiv1799884342 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv1799884342 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-mlmsg #yiv1799884342logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-msg p#yiv1799884342attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-reco #yiv1799884342reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-sponsor #yiv1799884342ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv1799884342 #yiv1799884342ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv1799884342

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Its a Hydraulic system.. when is the last time it was serviced?  Fluids should be replaced bi anually.
Bob

      I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a

few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -

meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit

reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all

the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of

heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the

Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

> On 18 February 2016 at 00:34 "Ken Hastie [hidden email]

> [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heated gloves are far more effective.

> I use bike-tek brand. Very good, as is their heated inner jacket etc.

> They use carbon tape rather than wire elements.

> Ken Hastie

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mike Fleming

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Hi, David I usually ride along with a buddy who has a Harley... He could not believe how heavy my clutch is...so no your not alone.. Safe riding. -------------------------------------------- On Fri, 2/26/16,

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

I serviced it last summer.

     Its a Hydraulic system.. when is the last time it was serviced?  Fluids should be replaced bi anually.
Bob

    I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a
few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -
meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit
reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all
the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of
heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the
Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

> On 18 February 2016 at 00:34 "Ken Hastie [hidden email]
> [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Heated gloves are far more effective.
> I use bike-tek brand. Very good, as is their heated inner jacket etc.
> They use carbon tape rather than wire elements.
> Ken Hastie
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mike Fleming

    #yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733 -- #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp #yiv5365840733hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp #yiv5365840733ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp .yiv5365840733ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp .yiv5365840733ad p {margin:0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mkp .yiv5365840733ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ygrp-lc #yiv5365840733hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ygrp-lc .yiv5365840733ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733activity span .yiv5365840733underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 dd.yiv5365840733last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 dd.yiv5365840733last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 dd.yiv5365840733last p span.yiv5365840733yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733file-title a, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733file-title a:active, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733file-title a:hover, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733photo-title a, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733photo-title a:active, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733photo-title a:hover, #yiv5365840733 div.yiv5365840733photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 div#yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5365840733ygrp-msg p a span.yiv5365840733yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv5365840733 o {font-size:0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv5365840733 .yiv5365840733replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv5365840733 input, #yiv5365840733 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv5365840733 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5365840733logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-msg p#yiv5365840733attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-reco #yiv5365840733reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-sponsor #yiv5365840733ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv5365840733 #yiv5365840733ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv5365840733

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
The clutch is never going to be light on a bike this heavy with this sort of power, but I wouldn't say the clutch on my 94 1200 was unmanageably heavy.
If you haven't had your bike from new, I suppose it is possible that a previous owner may have fitted uprated clutch springs?

    On Friday, 26 February 2016, 19:53, "David Webb [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

     I serviced it last summer.

     Its a Hydraulic system.. when is the last time it was serviced?  Fluids should be replaced bi anually.
Bob

    I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a
few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -
meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit
reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all
the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of
heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the
Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

> On 18 February 2016 at 00:34 "Ken Hastie [hidden email]
> [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Heated gloves are far more effective.
> I use bike-tek brand. Very good, as is their heated inner jacket etc.
> They use carbon tape rather than wire elements.
> Ken Hastie
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mike Fleming

   #yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094 -- #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp #yiv6392506094hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp #yiv6392506094ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp .yiv6392506094ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp .yiv6392506094ad p {margin:0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mkp .yiv6392506094ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ygrp-lc #yiv6392506094hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ygrp-lc .yiv6392506094ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094activity span .yiv6392506094underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 dd.yiv6392506094last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 dd.yiv6392506094last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 dd.yiv6392506094last p span.yiv6392506094yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094file-title a, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094file-title a:active, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094file-title a:hover, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094photo-title a, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094photo-title a:active, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094photo-title a:hover, #yiv6392506094 div.yiv6392506094photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 div#yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6392506094ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6392506094yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv6392506094 o {font-size:0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv6392506094 .yiv6392506094replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv6392506094 input, #yiv6392506094 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6392506094 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6392506094logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-msg p#yiv6392506094attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-reco #yiv6392506094reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-sponsor #yiv6392506094ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv6392506094 #yiv6392506094ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv6392506094

Re: Re(2): [TriumphTrophy] Clutch Lever

Triumph Trophy mailing list
That's a possibility, and I won't know the answer until I replace the clutch.  It has only 15.5K miles on it though, so I'm guessing that the clutch pack hasn't been replaced yet.
- Dave

     Its a Hydraulic system.. when is the last time it was serviced?  Fluids should be replaced bi anually.
Bob

    I used heated grips on my old Tiger, which were fine for me through a
few winters (eventually disintegrated after 60 or 70 thousand miles) -
meant I could wear summer gloves all year round. I've always felt a bit
reluctant to wire myself up to the bike, plus gloves have to flex all
the time while grips don't, which makes me wonder about the longevity of
heated gloves.

Speaking of Tigers, the handlebar guards for the old Tigers may fit the
Trophy and do a good job of keeping the wind off the back of your hands.

> On 18 February 2016 at 00:34 "Ken Hastie [hidden email]
> [TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Heated gloves are far more effective.
> I use bike-tek brand. Very good, as is their heated inner jacket etc.
> They use carbon tape rather than wire elements.
> Ken Hastie
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mike Fleming

     #yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471 -- #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp #yiv6836230471hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp #yiv6836230471ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp .yiv6836230471ad {padding:0 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp .yiv6836230471ad p {margin:0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mkp .yiv6836230471ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ygrp-lc #yiv6836230471hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ygrp-lc .yiv6836230471ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471activity span .yiv6836230471underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471attach div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471attach label a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 dd.yiv6836230471last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 dd.yiv6836230471last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 dd.yiv6836230471last p span.yiv6836230471yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}#yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471attach-table {width:400px;}#yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471file-title a, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471file-title a:active, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471file-title a:hover, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471photo-title a, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471photo-title a:active, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471photo-title a:hover, #yiv6836230471 div.yiv6836230471photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 div#yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6836230471ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6836230471yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv6836230471 o {font-size:0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv6836230471 .yiv6836230471replbq {margin:4px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv6836230471 input, #yiv6836230471 textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6836230471 code {font:115% monospace;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6836230471logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-msg p#yiv6836230471attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-reco #yiv6836230471reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-sponsor #yiv6836230471ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv6836230471 #yiv6836230471ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}#yiv6836230471

12