Rev limiter

Greg  Andrews
When does the rev limiter kick in? I had my '96 900 on a dyno the
other day. They took it up to 9500 but still no signs of the power
dropping off.
Thanks for your input,
Greg Andrews
'96 900 BRG
48,000 miles

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Clutch hose replaced, no clamp?

Wal_THO
At my 48,000 mile service I had the clutch hose
replaced.  The other day I noticed the replacement
hose is just stuck on.  It is not clamped or crimped
in anyway.  Is this correct or should there be
something there?

2000 Tri Tro 1200 BRG
Thank you, Walter

__________________________________

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rev limiter

Phil Smith
Trophy Service manual has 9700 RPM electronic rev limiter.
I've never been that far.  9500 in fifth on the road and then
shifted to sixth I can't get it to go higher than 9000.  I'd guess
that if you really want to test it it will go that far in a low
gear.  Mine is very open/free breathing at that rpm.  It's just
against my thinking to keep it that high!...without shifting.

Since the power band is not that high I'd not need to do it often.
If thte DYNO had it to 9000 you should have the curve and see the
drop off.

phil

> When does the rev limiter kick in? I had my '96 900 on a dyno the
> other day. They took it up to 9500 but still no signs of the power
> dropping off.
> Thanks for your input,
> Greg Andrews
> '96 900 BRG
> 48,000 miles

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Clutch hose replaced, no clamp?

Phil Smith
I think the clutch and brake lines are sealed stainless with nubs
that bolt into place.  I believe that the rubber coating on the
outside of the actual fluid line is cosmetic and/or preventing from
scratching the other parts.

If you are referring to the area that the rubber comes down to the
fitting, mine does not have a clamp or crimp...It's probably molded
on.

Phil

> At my 48,000 mile service I had the clutch hose
> replaced.  The other day I noticed the replacement
> hose is just stuck on.  It is not clamped or crimped
> in anyway.  Is this correct or should there be
> something there?
>
> 2000 Tri Tro 1200 BRG
> Thank you, Walter
>

> __________________________________
> http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rev limiter

Tom D.
--- In [hidden email], "Greg Andrews" <gandrews2@k...>
wrote:

> When does the rev limiter kick in? I had my '96 900 on a dyno the
> other day. They took it up to 9500 but still no signs of the power
> dropping off.
> Thanks for your input,
> Greg Andrews
> '96 900 BRG
> 48,000 miles

Greg,
      As noted by Phil, 9750 is about where it comes in, yes I have
hit it several times. But only since I had installed the Daytona cams!
With the extra HP, the motor can get away from you some times.
Tom D.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Rev limiter

Greg  Andrews
I took the engine up to 10.5 grand looking for the rev limiter. Still
not there. How much off can a tach be? I know the manufacturers
purposely make the speedometer read high. Is Triumph doing the same
with their tachs?

"Greg Andrews" wrote: When does the rev limiter kick in? I had my '96
900 on a dyno the other day. They took it up to 9500 but still no
signs of the power dropping off.
Thanks for your input,
Greg Andrews
'96 900 BRG
48,000 miles

Greg, As noted by Phil, 9750 is about where it comes in, yes I have
hit it several times. But only since I had installed the Daytona cams!
With the extra HP, the motor can get away from you some times.
Tom D.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]