Rear wheel seal ID [1 Attachment]

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Well after a good gasoline bath I've discovered this dryed up seal. On the
chain side. Which I guess makes sense being the chain must produce a lot of
heat. Should any of you guys happen to know the standard ID for this seal?

Thanks,
Samuel

Re: Rear wheel seal ID

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Excuse my mindless droid. That's "would" instead of should.

Samuel
 On Jun 30, 2015 4:19 PM, "Samuel Crider [hidden email]
[TriumphTrophy]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  [Attachment(s) <#14e4656d02467670_TopText> from Samuel Crider included
> below]
>
> Well after a good gasoline bath I've discovered this dryed up seal. On the
> chain side. Which I guess makes sense being the chain must produce a lot of
> heat. Should any of you guys happen to know the standard ID for this seal?
>
> Thanks,
> Samuel

Re: Rear wheel seal ID

Hi Samuel, The spacer that goes inside the seal has an O.D. of 35mm. The inside edge of the seal is something close to 33.84mm. it depends on how tight I press the caliper into the seal. If you think it is heat that killed the seal I don't think the heat came from the sprocket, consider the bearing.
 Greg

Re: Rear wheel seal ID

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hey Greg,

Just recently, after pondering the matter. I've shifted over to debris as
the cause. Bits pitched from the chain smacking the seal face causing
erosion drama. At first I thought heat was the factor. But after a close
inspection of the fracturing it's definitely external wear.

Samuel