RAT Membership Free now!!

Richard-42
A friend loaned me a copy of his RAT newsletter, "Torque". It's full
color and about 50 pages. Very nice. In it they stated that RAT
membership was now going to be FREE!

Get your VIN and see this web site...
http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/ratHome.aspx

PS. The mag shows an amazing number of Trophies along on all the local
RAT rides.

Hope this helps.

RF Whatley
Suwanee, GA
1996 BRG 900

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: RAT Membership Free now!!

Ken Hastie
On 26 Dec 2005 at 3:01, Richard wrote:

> A friend loaned me a copy of his RAT newsletter, "Torque". It's full
> color and about 50 pages. Very nice. In it they stated that RAT
> membership was now going to be FREE!

It is free.  Has been for a little while now, and discussed on this group a few months
ago.  I signed up  as soon as the thread started, but I think they withdrew the facility
from the triumph.co.uk website shortly after.  Haven't checked it lately, but might be
worth checking there now.

I got the latest Torque magazine and also a brochure of the 2006 accessories.

Ken Hastie
Group Owner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

b25bsaboy
Seasons Greetings Ken and to the Triumph Trophy Owners at Large.

Yes the Triumph Rat Membership is free, as I waited several weeks after
December 1 before I went to the Triumph web site and as promised there it
was. It will take you about 10 minutes to file everything out, and make sure
you have your VIN # handy, as that's the most important item you will need.
Submit and in a matter of minutes you will have your membership number
beamed back to you. It's that easy.

On another note, I attended a meeting locally here at the Triumph dealer and
it appears because the memberships are now free, Triumph for what ever
reason has pulled out of sponsoring the ever popular Triumph Rat Raids that
are held every summer throughout North America. The responsibility has been
left up to the local area dealers. This leaves some concern on my part, as I
know how much work is involved in setting these events up. The other
question is who will control the dealership politics that is very much
evident? The question I have here in Western Canada, who is going the spear
head this organizational night mare to organize the up coming 2006 Nelson
Rat Raid, as this is one event I look forward to yearly.

Happy New Year to you all!

Rick MacPherson

> A friend loaned me a copy of his RAT newsletter, "Torque". It's full
> color and about 50 pages. Very nice. In it they stated that RAT
> membership was now going to be FREE!

It is free.  Has been for a little while now, and discussed on this group a
few months
ago.  I signed up  as soon as the thread started, but I think they withdrew
the facility
from the triumph.co.uk website shortly after.  Haven't checked it lately,
but might be
worth checking there now.

I got the latest Torque magazine and also a brochure of the 2006
accessories.

Ken Hastie
Group Owner

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:
href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

Fred Teifeld
I wasnt aware of the cancellation of the "Rat Raids", but it makes sense
from what my local dealer has told me. Triumph has also pulled out of
the U.S. bike show circuit. This is due to the fact that triumph decided
to directly support their dealers instead using the money that would
normally go to the annual shows. My local shop now has a real website
instead of the one they had before, which is just the tip of the iceberg
from what they tell me. Last year they had dealer based Rocket III
events that was highly successful in getting people into the shops.

Triumph wants to get people into the dealers, which makes quite a bit of
sense.

Here is hoping that the holiday season has been a good one to all, and
may the rubber side stay down in '06!

-Fred Teifeld
 Chicago, IL
 '02 1200 ENVY Green

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: RAT Membership Free now!!

Dave Davenport
    I signed up at least a month ago and so far have got nothing. I
wonder if it just takes time or my application didn't get approved.
  (Maybe I'm just not the Rat type)  Dave

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

b25bsaboy
Hi Fred,

The Triumph Rat Raids are still being planned but the responsibility is now
up to the dealers and that is my concern, as most of us do not have the time
to make sure things are done correctly in the planning of these events.

Rick MacPherson

RE: Re: RAT Membership Free now!!

b25bsaboy
Dave,

Go sign up again, as I think your information may have gotten lost in cyber
space?

Rick MacPherson

--- In [hidden email], "Rick MacPherson" <macprj@t...>
wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Go sign up again, as I think your information may have gotten lost in
cyber
> space?
>
> Rick MacPherson

Thanks. I guess its worth a try!

> Dave

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

Dean Barger
At first i thought it was kinda silly to only have a membership for 2 weeks..but I guess that i s the Brit version of dating..Dec 1 2006..

  Dear Dean,

Welcome to the R.A.T. members area of http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com

Your membership number is 100*****
You have chosen to receive Torque in English (US).

Your Username is ******* and your password is *******. Please save this
email.

Your membership is valid until 01/12/2006 and you may update your
profile on the website at any time.

Thank you,
R.A.T. Administration

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

Andrew Bell-2
Even "free" has its price.

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 08:50 -0800, Dean Barger wrote:

> At first i thought it was kinda silly to only have a membership for 2 weeks..but I guess that i s the Brit version of dating..Dec 1 2006..
>

>   Dear Dean,
>
> Welcome to the R.A.T. members area of http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com
>
> Your membership number is 100*****
> You have chosen to receive Torque in English (US).
>
> Your Username is ******* and your password is *******. Please save this
> email.
>
> Your membership is valid until 01/12/2006 and you may update your
> profile on the website at any time.
>
> Thank you,
> R.A.T. Administration

> Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!
>
> Post message: [hidden email]
> Subscribe:  [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
> List owner:  [hidden email]

> FAQs:
> href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font
> color="#FF0000" size="3"><strong>FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions),
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

Fred Presler
Fred:
I respectfully disagree with Triumph backing out of the MC Shows. The Cycle
World shows allowed a great many people to really see what the manufacturer
is doing, instead of relying on foot traffic into the dealers. Every vehicle
manufacturer I know of uses the shows to launch new products, and it gives
the press and the public a chance to talk to factory reps. Look at Milan,
Stuttgart and Detroit. Dealer sales people pale in comparison when it comes
to product knowledge. At least my local dealer does. The MC show here in
Ohio draws almost 100,000 people in two and a half days. And that's just the
Cleveland show. Imagine all the bigger venues across the country. I don't
want Triumph to end up some "boutique" brand, and it will if Triumph pulls
in it's horns.
Fred in Ohio

>From: Fred Teifeld <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [TriumphTrophy] RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!
>Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:15:05 -0600
>
>I wasnt aware of the cancellation of the "Rat Raids", but it makes sense
>from what my local dealer has told me. Triumph has also pulled out of
>the U.S. bike show circuit. This is due to the fact that triumph decided
>to directly support their dealers instead using the money that would
>normally go to the annual shows. My local shop now has a real website
>instead of the one they had before, which is just the tip of the iceberg
>from what they tell me. Last year they had dealer based Rocket III
>events that was highly successful in getting people into the shops.
>
>Triumph wants to get people into the dealers, which makes quite a bit of
>sense.
>
>Here is hoping that the holiday season has been a good one to all, and
>may the rubber side stay down in '06!
>
>-Fred Teifeld
>  Chicago, IL
>  '02 1200 ENVY Green

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: [Triumph Trophy] RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

b25bsaboy
Fred,

You will see Triumph at the local motorcycle shows as before, only with a
different twist in that the local dealers are now having to supply the
machines, literature etc. I agree with your comments, but in my industrial
world, manufactures tend to have the distributors do the show thing. Is it
effective, that is a good question.

The trouble with shows is that manufacturers want to introduce a new model
or product. In Triumph's case, what's new other than a bit of colour here
and something there. Introduction of a new model has been sparse to say the
least. Here in North American the direction on the road has been towards
Sport Touring and Cruisers. Triumph HAD an excellent Sport Tourer being the
Trophy, they have the America and the Rocket 3. The Tiger is an excellent
machine as is the Bonneville. The other crouch rockets they have I don't pay
much attention to them, as my back will not allow a fleeing moment to even
want to sit on one.

The thing that is really lacking in the Triumph Dealer Show Rooms where I
live is the after market accessories. Only way I can buy a jacket is to pay
full price, have it ordered and then take your chances to it even fitting.
Look at any Harley dealer show room floor, the bikes are a part of it, but
so is the hats, shirts, jackets and the list goes on.

Triumph has been my # 1 love for motorcycles from my OIF to the current 2001
Triumph Trophy. But from a marketing stand point, Triumph maybe missing some
of the finer details in the marketing world, but who knows.

So for the rant and raving! Guess it's time for my first coffee.

Rick MacPherson
I respectfully disagree with Triumph backing out of the MC Shows. The Cycle
World shows allowed a great many people to really see what the manufacturer
is doing, instead of relying on foot traffic into the dealers. Every vehicle
manufacturer I know of uses the shows to launch new products, and it gives
the press and the public a chance to talk to factory reps. Look at Milan,
Stuttgart and Detroit. Dealer sales people pale in comparison when it comes
to product knowledge. At least my local dealer does. The MC show here in
Ohio draws almost 100,000 people in two and a half days. And that's just the
Cleveland show. Imagine all the bigger venues across the country. I don't
want Triumph to end up some "boutique" brand, and it will if Triumph pulls
in it's horns.
Fred in Ohio

>From: Fred Teifeld <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [TriumphTrophy] RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!
>Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:15:05 -0600
>
>I wasnt aware of the cancellation of the "Rat Raids", but it makes sense
>from what my local dealer has told me. Triumph has also pulled out of
>the U.S. bike show circuit. This is due to the fact that triumph decided
>to directly support their dealers instead using the money that would
>normally go to the annual shows. My local shop now has a real website
>instead of the one they had before, which is just the tip of the iceberg
>from what they tell me. Last year they had dealer based Rocket III
>events that was highly successful in getting people into the shops.
>
>Triumph wants to get people into the dealers, which makes quite a bit of
>sense.
>
>Here is hoping that the holiday season has been a good one to all, and
>may the rubber side stay down in '06!
>
>-Fred Teifeld
>  Chicago, IL
>  '02 1200 ENVY Green

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:
href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: RE: [Triumph Trophy] RAT Membership Free now!!

Fred Teifeld
Guys,

My info is about 1.5 months old from my local dealer. I'll find out more
next week if anything has changed. Sure, some people are going to
disagree, myself being one of them-Until I realized something. At least
at the Chicago show, Triumph had one of the least trafficked display
floors. I noticed this while I worked the show for the past few years
for a local dealer (Not Triumph).

Fred in Ohio: I agree with you to a point about some dealerships. I
could go to a Triumph dealer here in Chicago which is MUCH closer to me
but they have people who couldnt even find the Triumph website. I just
about keeled over laughing when they called ME to help them find an
image of the '05 Sprint ST hard bags. I bought my Trophy from them
before I was aware of their inability to do anything but SELL bikes. I
gladly go about 25 miles out of my way to do business with an excellent
dealership that knows its products and knows them well. Funnily enough
they also have a highly competent service department.

Rick: Agreed about accessories/gear. My dealer of choice is space
limited. The shop here in Chicago couldnt sell gear if their lives
depended on it, although they have a better inventory.

When I talk to MCC (My shop of choice) I will inquire to see if there
are any changes regarding Triumph and their U.S. bike show plans.

As of right now, Triumph is still not listed as an exhibitor.

-Fred

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Triumph and the KTM's

Phil Smith
I just went to the Long beach show (DEC11,2005) and the Triumph CORP
exhibit was not there...as was not the KTM's.

My dealer here also told us before going that Triumph was pulling
out of the tour circuit and would send the demo truck to 5-6 events
during the year and Local Dealers would be doing the shows.
According to the dealer the decision was financial and the pay off
to CORP Triumph just isn't worth it.

The Local dealers are now the point of entry.

Phil

My info is about 1.5 months old from my local dealer. I'll find out
more
> next week if anything has changed. Sure, some people are going to
> disagree, myself being one of them-Until I realized something. At
least
> at the Chicago show, Triumph had one of the least trafficked
display
> floors. I noticed this while I worked the show for the past few
years
> for a local dealer (Not Triumph).
>
> Fred in Ohio: I agree with you to a point about some dealerships.
> could go to a Triumph dealer here in Chicago which is MUCH closer
to me
> but they have people who couldnt even find the Triumph website. I
just
> about keeled over laughing when they called ME to help them find
an
> image of the '05 Sprint ST hard bags. I bought my Trophy from them
> before I was aware of their inability to do anything but SELL
bikes. I
> gladly go about 25 miles out of my way to do business with an
excellent
> dealership that knows its products and knows them well. Funnily
enough
> they also have a highly competent service department.
>
> Rick: Agreed about accessories/gear. My dealer of choice is space
> limited. The shop here in Chicago couldnt sell gear if their lives
> depended on it, although they have a better inventory.
>
> When I talk to MCC (My shop of choice) I will inquire to see if
there
> are any changes regarding Triumph and their U.S. bike show plans.
>
> As of right now, Triumph is still not listed as an exhibitor.
>
> -Fred

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/zliolB/TM

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]