My New Triumph Trophy 1200

V8Dug
Hi guys.
I have just joined the forum as I am at last buying a Trophy 1200.
Found a '91 model that has only 3600 miles as the sprag clutch broke, so it was stored.
It will need gentle recommissioning as the fuel is bad and a brake fluid change.
I would love to know what improvements are good for the Trophy, I plan to use it for touring with my wife.
Any information would be appreciated, I plan to get an up rated sprag clutch and a K&N filter to start with but welcome advice.
Thanks
Doug

Re: My New Triumph Trophy 1200

Viper57
Hey v8Dug

Great motorcycle you have bought mate

On my '98 Trophy I made the following mods for comfort

- GenMar Handlebar risers - easier on my back
- oxford heated grips ( I live in Tasmania  lol )
- Taller PowerBronze windscreen - reduces buffeting/noise
- Replaced vacuum fuel tap
- Replaced fuel cap
- New coils

With these mods to motorcycle is just the way I want it to be

With what you said about your buy I would do the sprag clutch, pull the carbies out and recondition them, check the fuel tank for rust and check the fuel sending unit as they also rust/gum up over time

I trust you will enjoy your new ride - it really is a great motorcycle

Cheers
Gary