Lowering Experience using Eccentric

Triumph Trophy mailing list
I finally lowered my 2000 Trophy 900 by rotating the eccentric adjustment 180 and raising the forks. The result seemed, at first, to be an excellent solution. The bike actually seemed to handle much much better. However, after a longer run on the twisty roads we enjoy here in western NC I came to the sad realization that this is not a solution after all. The bike scraped on tight turns and bottomed out on me when I hit a dip doing about 60mph. Thankfully, it was the rear that bottomed, not the front end. Finally, as forewarned in other posts, the kickstand is too long and the center stand is nearly useless without a good deal of blocking. Today she gets raised back up again and I'll be taking my seat in to see about shaving off some excess foam. I'm up for hearing about any other lowering solutions members might have out there, but for anyone scouring the message boards to see how rotating the eccentric might work, my advise, unfortunately, is not to bother. Frankly, I'm surprised so many people have recommended it as a viable solution.

RE: Lowering Experience using Eccentric

Triumph Trophy mailing list

Blake,  I had Sargent in Jacksonville modify my seat.  BEST MONEY i ever spent on my Trophy.
Be the way, where are you in Western, NC?  I graduated from WCU and lived in Asheville for a few years also. Good times.
Any chance, your headded to Daytona?  I will be there Sunday and Monday.
Bob Clark01 Sunset Red Trophy 120096 BRG Thunderbird 900Jacksonville, FL

[...]

Hi Bob,

Another member suggested removing the rubber "footies" under the seat and that did help drop it down a 1/2" or so. We have a local woman that does custom seats, so I plan to also have my Corbin shaved down a bit and it should be about right.

I'll miss Daytona, never been, but sounds like fun and a good place to get in trouble.

We're just 15 minutes east of Asheville in Swannanoa and I did my masters at WCU- small world! Look me up next time you're up this way.

Thanks- Blake

RE: Lowering Experience using Eccentric

I used to work at the 4H camp in Swannanowa.  Lived on Arden Rd in Asheville.  Stayed in Albright Hall on campus. (Rebuilt a couple of motorcycle engines in the floor of my dorm room).  University housing wasn't fondnof that. Rode the Dragon when it was just a curvy road.  Turned wrenches at Waynesville Cycle Center and Ronnies Harley shops south of Dillsboro to make money for school.