Key blanks

Tom Halchuk
I have a single key for my 1996 Triumph Trophy.  Anyone know where I can
get a key blank or blank # or cross reference??

Tom

RE: Key blanks

wickedstuff
Tom id Luv to know, im the same year and in the same boat (hope there is no hole in the bottom lol) i will follow with interest to replies. thanks.

Re: Key blanks

djacarr@sky.com
Key blanks are available from Triumph dealers. About £10 for a blank, around £30 cut, according to the parts listings on World Of Triumph.
You could try your local Timsons or Mr Minits (in the UK, not sure where you are located), show them the key and ask if they can copy it.
David

________________________________

Re: Key blanks

Don Varnau
Try a local lock/key shop. I had a spare key made for less than $5. I
believe it was a Honda automobile blank. It doesn't have the plastic
"handle" portion but it works as well as the originals.

Don

RE: Key blanks

miles.a.french
I got one from this outfit : http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/number-77/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654 http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/number-77/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654

 cost £3.25 + 99p P&P
 and had it cut by the local key cutter guy.
 They don't seem to list our key any more, but maybe if you got hold of them....

 Miles

Re: Key blanks

Jack Byers
Hey Tom,
   I've been on the road a couple of times, and forgotten my spare
key. Both times, I stopped at a "Locksmith Shop", and had no problem
getting a spare key made up. One I now just leave in my wallet now.
  Kindest regards,
    Poppa Jack
On Dec 8, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Tom Halchuk wrote:

> I have a single key for my 1996 Triumph Trophy.  Anyone know where
> I can get a key blank or blank # or cross reference??
>

> --
> Tom

Re: Key blanks

Tom Halchuk
Thanks
I'm in the Boston,MA area - US

I'll call around.  I have a bunch of single keys I need to address for
other bikes

Tom

Re: Key blanks

Bud Izen
After my second to last long trip, my only set of keys got temporarily
misplaced. I pulled the ignition lock, no easy task, and took it down to
a local locksmith, recommended by the local Triumph dealer. They had
three keys made for me in less than an hour - $33 total. The keys don't
look like my oem key, but they were lots cheaper, faster, and they work
a treat. So, the moral of the story is try your local locksmiths before
looking all over the Internet. I also did an Internet search and found a
couple of vendors who do indeed sell the oem blanks.

Bud Izen
'99 Platinum 900
Eugene Oregon