Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
I just recently sold my 1998 1200 and now i have a saddle that i don't need.  if anyone is interested i can let it go for $300. This saddle cost me about $650 to have made and it only has about 10,000 miles on it.  Contact me if interested. ThanksRandy

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi folks,

This is the best money you can spend on a Trophy if you ride any significant distances. Either the Russell Day Long or one from either of the Mayer brothers (all in the family) you cannot go wrong. I bought a used Rick Mayer from a member here a few years ago for more than $300 and consider my purchase a bargain! It has carried me upwards of 50,000 kms (maybe more) including 5,700 kms in one week back in March. Impossible without the Rick Mayer saddle.

 Seriously, someone buy it - even if you have to buy a Trophy to put it on!

 Cheers,
 Glenn

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

I had Sargent do mine, it was hand crafted for me and at a much lower price.
The point is, Russell Daylong isn't the only seat modification out there.  Also, Russell's advertized service is to hand craft the seat foam to a particular person's Arse.
What guarantee is there that it will fit another person?
I consider custom seat modifications like shoes and underwear.  They are "very personal".
Bob Clark01 Sunset Red Trophy 120096 BRG T-Bird 900Jacksonville, FL

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

This is the best money you can spend on a Trophy if you ride any significant distances. Either the Russell Day Long or one from either of the Mayer brothers (all in the family) you cannot go wrong. I bought a used Rick Mayer from a member here a few years ago for more than $300 and consider my purchase a bargain! It has carried me upwards of 50,000 kms (maybe more) including 5,700 kms in one week back in March. Impossible without the Rick Mayer saddle.
Seriously, someone buy it - even if you have to buy a Trophy to put it on!
Cheers,Glenn

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
I had mine done at an upholstery/convertible top shop with a Harley
parked in front of it and a long haired hippie looking owner! He had
some really cool looking upholstery jobs in progress in his shop but was
more than happy to work my seat in between the other jobs. He quoted me
$225 to put a gel pack in it and wound up doing the whole seat including
foam and cover for the same price. My only complaint was that it was a
little harder than I expected. Fortunately on long rides it is way more
comfortable than the original.

     Is your seat soft Bob? Does that make a difference a motorcycle
seat? I've never ridden a soft one!

Ed J.

--
Ed J. Indian Harbour Beach, FL 2001 Triumph Trophy 1200 321-795-4387

---

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

You don't want "soft"
Bob

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Apparently!

On 6/20/2016 2:17 PM, APSLLP [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

> You don't want "soft"
>
> Bob
>

> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Glenn...Do you have a photo of the saddle?

Best Regards

Steve Riley, Aiken, SC

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 2:17 AM, [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> This is the best money you can spend on a Trophy if you ride any
> significant distances. Either the Russell Day Long or one from either of
> the Mayer brothers (all in the family) you cannot go wrong. I bought a used
> Rick Mayer from a member here a few years ago for more than $300 and
> consider my purchase a bargain! It has carried me upwards of 50,000 kms
> (maybe more) including 5,700 kms in one week back in March. Impossible
> without the Rick Mayer saddle.
>
> Seriously, someone buy it - even if you have to buy a Trophy to put it on!
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn

Re: Day Long saddel for sale [2 Attachments]

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi folks,

 When I bought mine, I got the other members size (height, inseam, arm length) and weight so I could better judge if the seat would fit me reasonably well. In my case, it worked out perfectly. Here are a couple of pictures.

 Cheers,
 Glenn

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Little off-topic - what are the vents in the windshielf for?

--CS

On 6/20/16 16:21, [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] wrote:

> [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] included
> below]
>
> Hi folks,
>

> When I bought mine, I got the other members size (height, inseam, arm
> length) and weight so I could better judge if the seat would fit me
> reasonably well. In my case, it worked out perfectly. Here are a couple
> of pictures.
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn
>

> Attachment(s) from [hidden email] [TriumphTrophy] | View attachments
> on the web
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/attachments/700308313;_ylc=X3oDMTJwMHJvbjcxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEc2xrA3ZpZXdPbldlYgRzdGltZQMxNDY2NDU0MDY1>
>
> 2 of 2 Photo(s)
>
> 16030075a.jpg
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/attachments/700308313;_ylc=X3oDMTJsZDQ1bGRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEc2xrA3Bob3RvBHN0aW1lAzE0NjY0NTQwNjU-?itemid=1875339683>
> 16030075a.jpg
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/attachments/700308313;_ylc=X3oDMTJsZDQ1bGRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEc2xrA3Bob3RvBHN0aW1lAzE0NjY0NTQwNjU-?itemid=1875339683>
> 16030075b.jpg
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/attachments/700308313;_ylc=X3oDMTJsZDQ1bGRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEc2xrA3Bob3RvBHN0aW1lAzE0NjY0NTQwNjU-?itemid=1313350428>
> 16030075b.jpg
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/attachments/700308313;_ylc=X3oDMTJsZDQ1bGRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEc2xrA3Bob3RvBHN0aW1lAzE0NjY0NTQwNjU-?itemid=1313350428>
> Posted by: [hidden email]
> • Reply to sender
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Re%3A%20%5BTriumphTrophy%5D%20Re%3A%20Day%20Long%20saddel%20for%20sale>
> • Reply to group
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Re%3A%20%5BTriumphTrophy%5D%20Re%3A%20Day%20Long%20saddel%20for%20sale>
> • Start a New Topic
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJkOGRrdW9tBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDY2NDU0MDY1>
> • Messages in this topic
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TriumphTrophy/conversations/topics/93253;_ylc=X3oDMTM1YnQyNTRhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI5MDQ1MARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxMjYyNTkEbXNnSWQDOTMyNjEEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDY2NDU0MDY1BHRwY0lkAzkzMjUz>
> (8)

Re: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi CS,

 The vent is adjustable. When opened to the first notch, the buffeting behind the windshield is eliminated. On hot days I open it fully to get good airflow to my face and neck.

 Cheers,
 Glenn

RE: Day Long saddel for sale

Randy,

Do you still have your saddle for sale?

Kevin Dix

---

RE: Day Long saddel for sale

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Kevin, Also consider an Airhawk R. It is a blow up cushion with separate sections and air flow channels. It made a big difference when I used to do my long rides. 600 mile days were no longer a problem. Greg