Dash Lamps Revisited

AJ Turner
A week or so ago we talked about the oil and temperature warning lamps on the dash and if they should light-up when the key is first turned on.

I know it was confirmed about the oil lamp, but I don't recall ever hearing a confirmation per the temperature lamp?

Frankly, I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember back to when my bike was new.....and I don't feel like taking the nose off just to check for a toasted bulb.  As long as I hear my fan kicking on when expected, I figure I'm OK.

Can anyone please confirm the Temp warning lamp? :-)

AJ Turner
'96 Merlot BBBB

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Dash Lamps Revisited

John Ansell
--- In [hidden email], "AJ Turner" <aj-turner@v...> wrote:

> Can anyone please confirm the Temp warning lamp? :-)

The Temperature lamp should NOT come on with the key. Ideally it
shouldn't come on at all!

A test of the bulb is to short out the temperature sensor with a
screwdriver through the left hand fairing slots. You can lift the
connector boot enough if you don't get violent. When you short the
terminal go ground (its own body) the lamp shuold come on.

It's normal for the fan to come on before the lamp.

Cheers
John

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Dash Lamps Revisited

AJ Turner
Thanks for the confirmation John.

Of course I knew I don't want to see it any other time,  but it would have
been nice for Triumph to have it come on like the oil lamp does..... so that
you know that the bulb isn't burned out.

AJ Turner
'96 Merlot BBBB

> > Can anyone please confirm the Temp warning lamp? :-)
>
> The Temperature lamp should NOT come on with the key. Ideally it
> shouldn't come on at all!

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]

FAQs:

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Dash Lamps Revisited

Phil Smith
AJ
Mines always off unless it's over hot.  It's an over heat warning
lamp.
You can check the light operation by grounding the sensor.  I can
reach mine with a long thin screwdriver.
You need to keep the plug attached to the sensor (just pry it up a
little) but jumper both terminals together.  with the key on
(obviously)

Phil

> A week or so ago we talked about the oil and temperature warning
lamps on the dash and if they should light-up when the key is first
turned on.

> I know it was confirmed about the oil lamp, but I don't recall
ever hearing a confirmation per the temperature lamp?

> Frankly, I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember back to when my
bike was new.....and I don't feel like taking the nose off just to
check for a toasted bulb.  As long as I hear my fan kicking on when
expected, I figure I'm OK.

> Can anyone please confirm the Temp warning lamp? :-)
>
> AJ Turner
> '96 Merlot BBBB

Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

Post message: [hidden email]
Subscribe:  [hidden email]
Unsubscribe:  [hidden email]
List owner:  [hidden email]