Alternators

adeux60
alternative alternators - unchecked......

 http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/alternators http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/alternators

 dial in your year - triumph - etc and voila

 A2

Re: Alternators

Ed Johnson
     Starter Relay only for my Trophy!
*Ed J. *2001Triumph Trophy 1200**
On 12/31/2013 6:50 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> alternative alternators - unchecked......
>
> http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/alternators
>
> dial in your year - triumph - etc and voila
>
> A2

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

---

Re: Alternators

Ed Johnson
BTW:  nippondenso 101211-1611 is the correct part number for the 40 watt
alternator for our Trophy's.
On 12/31/2013 7:41 PM, Ed Johnson wrote:

>     Starter Relay only for my Trophy!
> *Ed J. *2001Triumph Trophy 1200**
>> alternative alternators - unchecked......
>>
>> http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/alternators
>>
>> dial in your year - triumph - etc and voila
>>
>> A2

> Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan
> http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen

---

Re: Alternators

nort75mk3
Check out  Pin Wall Cycle in Ohio for all your used parts needs  .. See
their ebay store for buy it now pricing.
I've had good luck with them .....
,,,,,Tim

--
I am using the free version  of SPAMfighter.

Do you have a  slow PC? Try a Free scan

____________________________________
This  email is free from viruses and malware because _avast! Antivirus_

____________________________________
This  email is free from viruses and malware because _avast!  Antivirus_

Re: Alternators

apsllp@bellsouth.net
Is that Tom's business?

[hidden email] writes:

BTW:  nippondenso 101211-1611 is the correct
part number for the 40 watt alternator for our Trophy's.
Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy 1200On
12/31/2013 7:41 PM, Ed Johnson wrote:

Starter Relay only for my
Trophy!
Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy 1200On
12/31/2013 6:50 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
alternative
alternators - unchecked......

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/alternators

dial in your year - triumph - etc and voila

A2
-- I am using the free version
of SPAMfighter. SPAMfighter has removed 9669 of my spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len  Do you have a
slow PC? Try a Free scan http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen

This
email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

This
email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
Antivirus protection is active.

Re: Alternators

wickedstuff
all this talk of alternators, is the oem one not long lasting? or do they have faults? i have not looked into the alternator thing, but with this comments about swapping them, makes me wonder why? or is Triumph dont make their own for the Trophy's but use other manufactures which can be interchanged with others as well?

Re: Alternators

Ed Johnson
     The point made was it would be nice to source parts from other
sources other than Triumph [New or Used] that were actually the same
part only much cheaper. I believe we went through this drill before
regarding the petcock and someone came up with a Kawasaki part # that
was identical to the Triumph petcock for a much better price.
     I also learned a lesson the hard way by buying a used starter and
then taking it to general electrical shop to find that I had paid as
much for a used starter as I could have bought a new one for. It turned
out to be a generic part used on many other vehicles. Denso price on the
starter motor for my Trophy is $150.00 including shipping. Triumph price
is $713.41! I think you see the point.
     Lets be realistic. Triumph doesn't manufacture all the parts used
to build a Triumph. They outsource them from various manufactures. Most
parts have a manufactures part number on them as well as the Triumph
number. If you can find a manufactures number and go direct to the
manufacture you can sometimes save a bundle of money on parts.
Conversely some parts are OEM protected. What that means is that the
bike manufacture has an agreement with the part manufacture to not sell
certain parts separately. Further example is the carbs on a 2001 Trophy
1200 are Mikuni BST 36 which is an OEM protected carb. The way around
this is that Suzuki Katana 1000 also uses the same carb and their prices
are much cheaper. The Triumph prices on the "O" rings alone is something
like $9 each where the Suzuki prices are $10 for a whole gasket set for
the carbs. An auto parts supplier will hand you the same "O" rings for
something like $3 per 100! It's ludicrous in some areas.
     This thread started with someone having questionable voltage
readings from an alternator. Possibly caused by a bad
rectifier/regulator. Triumph price $174.96. Replacement part from an
alternator shop less than $20! Somewhere in the files section I started
a list of replacement parts that were direct replacements for Triumph
parts at much cheaper prices but no one else added anything to it and
now due to Yahoo's infinite wisdom it's very difficult to even find the
files much less modify anything in them.
     Enough of my babbling! I think I've made my point.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
On 12/31/2013 8:55 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> all this talk of alternators, is the oem one not long lasting? or do
> they have faults? i have not looked into the alternator thing, but
> with this comments about swapping them, makes me wonder why? or is
> Triumph dont make their own for the Trophy's but use other
> manufactures which can be interchanged with others as well?

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan

---

Re: Alternators

Jack Byers

On Jan 1, 2014, at 5:47 AM, Ed Johnson wrote:
Hey Ed!!!!
   Happy New Year !!!!   I always look forward to your wise words
here, and I really want to thank you for your input. I think I got
very lucky to have you and the other "Regulars", taking part in this
group exchange of ideas. One of the main reasons I chose my '95 BBBB,
was the fact that i could tell that most of the parts I could see
were going to be available in the common market. Triumph was an up an
comer in the industry, and I knew they could not possibly have made
the various componentry. That meant that the various parts were
sourced from the existing industry. Almost right after I got my new
bike, back in '95, I did the "Trophy Tip-over Waltz" (most of us know
all the steps by heart now!) , and the result was the application of
the first "Band-Aid" stickers on the lower body work, and a broken
front brake handle. I called my local Triumph shop, and they had one.
It cost $59.00. I rode over to a Suzuki shop, and they had the very
same handle for $19.00 ! I had to build my first "scooter" from
parts, and I learned this lesson in my teens. I bought a new H-D FX
in '73, and the only thing I'd walk into a H-D shop for was Harley
3-4 plugs. I never could find a better running plug for that old
Shovelhead. Anything else, I went to auto parts, that I could get
anywhere. I'll do the same thing for my Trophy. There was n old
farmers' saying that my dad said all too often, "Buy it, take care of
it, fix-it yourself, and make do, or do without!"
  Kindest regards Friend,
       Poppa Jack

>     The point made was it would be nice to source parts from other
> sources other than Triumph [New or Used] that were actually the
> same part only much cheaper. I believe we went through this drill
> before regarding the petcock and someone came up with a Kawasaki
> part # that was identical to the Triumph petcock for a much better
> price.
>     I also learned a lesson the hard way by buying a used starter
>     Enough of my babbling! I think I've made my point.
> HAPPY NEW YEAR!
> Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy 1200
>> all this talk of alternators, is the oem one not long lasting? or
>> do they have faults? i have not looked into the alternator thing,
>> but with this comments about swapping them, makes me wonder why?
>> or is Triumph dont make their own for the Trophy's but use other
>> manufactures which can be interchanged with others as well?

> Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan http://www.spamfighter.com/
> SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen
>

> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
> Antivirus protection is active.

Re: Alternators

Ed Johnson
Thanks for the kind words Poppa Jack and Happy New Year to you and yours!
     Our Dads must have gone to the same school. "The school of hard
knocks!"