900 PVL Coils and wires for sale $126

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi All, I converted both of my bikes to COP stick coils. They are working great. The Gill coils and wires that were on my Trophy are now sold. The PVL coils and wires that were on the Sprint are now up for sale.
 $126 the $6 covers the cost of shipping in the USA. Try them for 30 days, if not satisfied, I'll return the $120.
 The one thing I ask is don't unplug the wire from the coils. I never do that. My brother unplugged the wire from the coil and the end connector disconnected from the wire. These wires are too expensive to take that kind of chance.
 Merry Christmas to all,

Re: 900 PVL Coils and wires for sale $126

Triumph Trophy mailing list

 Do I take it from this that stick coils can be used on a 900 but not on a 1200 ?  I recall reading someone concluding they did not work on a 1200 ?

 Ken Hastie
 Trophy 1200

---In [hidden email], <[hidden email]> wrote :

 Hi All, I converted both of my bikes to COP stick coils. They are working great.

Re: 900 PVL Coils and wires for sale $126

Triumph Trophy mailing list
They will also work on a 1200!

--
Ed J. Indian Harbour Beach, FL 2001 Triumph Trophy 1200 321-795-4387

---

Ed, When you wired the stick coils on your 1200, did you wire in series or parallel ?

Re: 900 PVL Coils and wires for sale $126

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Glenn, Ed has new Nology coils and wires so he's not going to mess with the conversion. I saw a diagram of the series setup. What a crazy way to wire it. I'd do it in parallel. The ohms resistance is 1.2 that's double of what we have but it is still in the safe zone.
 Look for stick coils from the new 1600 and 1700 Thunderbird. They use the same coils as the 600, but the Thunderbird coils will probably be 10 years newer when buying it used from Ebay. I used connectors from a R6 Yamaha. The harness is small with only the 4 coil connectors and 2 other connectors for something else, so the price is reasonable.
 The total cost of the conversion was less than $80. I'm still using the Johnson Jolt setup also.
 Greg Andrews
 '98 Sprint Sport
 Frankenstein, built from dead parts &
 '96 900 BRG

Re: 900 PVL Coils and wires for sale $126

Paralellel!