1996 Trophy 900 - Fuel lines and routing advice? Seeking OEM lugage rack too

1996 Trophy 900 - Fuel lines and routing advice? Seeking OEM lugage rack too

Triumph Trophy mailing list
All,

Pulled the bike out of storage today to summerize for riding and found that the mechanic who had done all the pre-storage work had pinched one of the fuel lines.  It appeared that by length it should have been run above the frame backbone instead of forced into a kink.  I was less than amused.  Regardless, fuel lines and vacuum lines will need replacing. Recommendations?  Fuel lines, process hints etc.  All hints appreciated.

1. Can anyone point me to a clean exploded schematic? Haynes isn't helpful.
2. Can anyone recommend specific fuel line specs and a source in the US? Same with a replacement vacuum line...current lines are a semi rigid poly.  I'd like to find clear or braided clear for the fuel.

Since I haven't pulled everything apart I don't know lengths, diameters etc.
Thought I'd do some homework first and ask the collective experience here.

Last,  anybody have an OEM luggage rack and perhaps a merlot top box for sale?
I had a deal with a guy on the forum who disappeared last winter.

Thanks a ton - WILEY
1996 BBB Merlot

Re: 1996 Trophy 900 - Fuel lines and routing advice? Seeking OEM lugage rack too

Triumph Trophy mailing list
Hi Wiley,  Getting good fuel line is not as easy as it should be. I've had my Trophy for 13 years and the fuel lines have been replaced a few times. By far the best is Tygon gray, not the yellow stuff. 3 feet will do the job. You'll need 5/16 ID. Sometimes it is marketed as 8mm. It ain't cheap.http://www.motionpro.com/product/12-0055
 Some Trophys have 1 fuel line some have 2. The spigot facing the back is the easy one. I run it around the frame and connect it between carbs 2 & 3. The stubby one facing the frame is a pain. Same with the vacuum line that runs the petcock. My permanent fix was to thread on a 90 degree spigot on both. Try to place a 90 degree fitting near the petcock, then loop the gas line up then down in-between carbs 1 & 2. To keep the fuel line from kinking insert a long spring into the fuel line. Just take a piece of fuel line to the hardware store and find a spring that will slide into the fuel line.

 Keep looking on Ebay for the rack and top box. Be patience. I find the top box is the easiest  to store stuff when I ride. The panniers are now on a shelf wanting for a big ride.
 Greg Andrews
 '96 900 BRG
 105,000 smiles

RE: 1996 Trophy 900 - Fuel lines and routing advice? Seeking OEM lugage rack too

Hi Wiley,

I may be able to help with the Merlot Red Top box....  Where are you based?
I am in Scotland.

If you wish to discuss, please email me at [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> .

:) Brian