190/55 tires? Do they fit?

Triumph Trophy mailing list
I'm have a stack of take-off tires here in 190/55 for my Speed Triple, and wonder if they fit the Trophy, or if they would rub.  Does anyone know in advance?

Re: 190/55 tires? Do they fit?

Triumph Trophy mailing list
A small ridge on the side wall will rub on the chain guard. I cut a small notch out of the chain guard. Greg Andrews

Re: 190/55 tires? Do they fit?

One of our members uses 190's on his '95. I think clearances are the same for the Mark 2's, but not positive. I think our wheels are 5.5" wide. That is fine for 180's and probably 190's. Worst case you'll get a bit of a triangular tread profile, but probably not enough to notice.

 The thing to pay attention to is when you are in a hard corner at an extreme lean angle, you could maybe lose front tire performance and low-side whereas you wouldn't with the stock 170 or one size up 180. Might never happen, but best be cautious until you are confident that it won't happen. Have a look at the front and rear chicken strips on the stock setup. The wider the rear tire the bigger the difference will be.

 I think if you are not a REALLY serious canyon carver you'll be fine.

 Cheers,
 Glenn